Hi, I'm Fiza.
Currently an Atlanta-based multimedia journalist working as a writer and producer on The Atlanta Journal-Constitution's Revenue Content Team, a small but mighty troupe dedicated to driving revenue through search engine optimization, ad-sponsored content, video and multi-market strategies.
So...what do you do?
Media jargon aside, here's what I do during a typical work week:
- Screen Google search data for real-time trends or topics of interest and pitch stories based on search interest.
- Analyze real-time analytics on Cox Media Group properties to identify trends in reader interest.
- Report, write and produce stories specifically optimized for search engines.
- Report, write and produce local-interest stories for print publication.
- Report, write and produce stories to fulfill advertising sponsorship goals.
- Report, write and produce multi-market stories to share across all Cox Media Group properties.
- Assign and edit stories for freelancers.
- Produce 3-4 news videos per week intended for story pages and social media uploads.
- Attend training sessions — or lead sessions — for new products intended to increase efficiency, promote innovation and boost audience engagement (and, of course, increase revenue).